I had a bunch of fresh blueberrys that I needed to use up and Ive never actually made anything with blueberrys before, so I quickly searched for a muffin recipe yesterday and found one by Paula Deen. Of coarse I new when I found one from her, I knew it would be scrumptous, I mean how many recipes have we all tried from Paula Deen that were bad? Thats right, Paula Deen, doesnt produce bad recipes, so I tried it out. They were so delicious it wasnt funny. They arent too sweet and are perfect for breakfast with your coffee or an afternoon snack with a cold glass of milk.
2 C All Purpose Flour
2 TBS Baking Powder
1/2 C Sugar
1 Stick butter melted
1 Egg beaten
1.5 C Blueberrys
1/2 C brown or white sugar
1) Preheat oven at 350 and grease or line muffin tin.
2) In large bowl combine flour, baking powder and 1/2 c. white sugar.
3) In another bowl, mix well, butter, milk and egg.
4) Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix just until moistened. Batter will have lumps, do not over mix!
5) Fold in blueberrys and spoon batter in muffin tins, about 2/3 full.
6) Bake for 10 min., remove from oven and sprinkle remaining sugar on top of muffins. Return to oven and bake 10-15 more min. or until golden brown.
7) Cool for 10 min. before removing from tin.
* I used brown sugar for sprinkling the tops and it was so pretty!
~ Creative Weekend ~
3 hours ago